Twitter Stream

    follow me on Twitter

    "Swing Thru" and Our New Project

    I am pumped! So pumped that I just have to share. As you may already know, I am working with 3 other partners in getting our startup off the ground, IntelliCrop. Things are progressing nicely so far with beta launch just a few short weeks away! It is hard to believe we are already at the "paying customer" point. Boy, how time flies.

    But that is not why I am extra pumped up. It just so happens that another group of us are starting another project/company and I just couldn't be more excited. We have done the market research, talked to our target market on the value proposition, sourced an excellent manufacturer and distributor, and formed one helluva team. Two of the three folks I have known for a while now so this is almost old hat for us; however, there is one team member that I did not know, and glad I do now. His name is Lee Prunty and I am stoked to be working with him. His knowledge of the market we are entering is superb and his years of experience are certainly going to assist us in taking the right amount of measured risk. I was in my first meeting with him earlier this week and like the way he operates. Good stuff! I am excited to engage and learn from him. He is the kind of person I want to learn from; an acute engineering mind with strong business acumen.

    Let the good times roll!!

    Given the direction of our project, we really needed a 20' container delivered to our designers. Guess who just happens to be the exclusive North American owner and distributor of the Swing Thru product line? Yep. Lee. I really love this well engineered product. Being that my life prior to agriculture was in marine transportation, I can really grasp the importance and innovation in the design. And now that I have been in the agriculture world (thankfully!!!!), I can see the immense benefit of the swing thru system. Are you asking what the swing thru system is yet? Well, before you Google it, the first thing to do is to navigate to the Container Handling Solutions website. There you will be able to learn more about Lee's company and view some demo videos on the swing thru system. Check  it out. It is a great piece of machinery, especially if you are trying to ship grain in a container. Obviously the system can move a container regardless of the contents; however, I thought I would mention the usefulness of the Swing Thru in an agriculture setting.

    Here are a few photos of the container delivery.

    That's Lee operating the Swing Thru.


    Container Unloaded
    The above photo is a good view of what it looks like when the container is offloaded. Take note of the design in that Lee could just as easy lift that container up and load it onto another trailer on the left for transport anywhere. Cool isn't it!

    Controls

    I watched Lee maneuver the container where he wanted it using the controls shown above. These controls are located on both ends of the trailer assembly and are very straightforward.

    Motor for Swing Thru Ssystem

    This is located in the forward part of the trailer and is pretty simple to start and get up and running. 



    Above is what the Swing Thru looks like when it is being transported. It meets the International Highway Standard for vertical clearance for ease of transport

    I really like this product and was fortunate enough to be able to see it in action due to the current project scope. If you think you may have a need for something like this, let Lee know via email

    Lee Prunty
    lee@wsint.com

    Stay tuned for more posts and further details as we get these exciting projects off the ground. Are you doing anything exciting you want to share? Please do so in the comments. 

    Regards,

    Nate J. Taylor
    (814) 441-1867




    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Recent Posts

    Followers

    Powered by Blogger.